Clearance Security Guard
Security Clearance is needed to protect against threats from hostile intelligence services, cyber security threats, terrorists and other pressure groups. The results of the vetting process determine who can be given access to sensitive Government information or property.
Security Protection Officer (SPO) must be able to perform the following:
- Man posts (Standing or Walking for up to 12 hours)
- Controlling Access to site compound and other designated facilities
- Enforcement of badging systems
- Patrolling (walking) facility up to several miles per day
- Provide detailed incident reports, as required
- Communicate relevant information on a timely basis
- Provide actions as necessary in the event of situations affecting the security of the facility
- Ensure a safe workplace for personnel
- Perform duties in accordance with Post Orders (POs) and Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor and respond as directed to alarms and surveillance systems
- Comply with instructions on the proper use of force
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) operates the compulsory licensing of individuals working in specific sectors of the private security industry. The activities licensed under the Private Security Industry regulation pertain to Manned Guarding, which includes:
- Cash and Valuables in Transit
- Close Protection
- Door Supervision
- Public Space Surveillance (CCTV)
- Security guard
- Immobilization, restriction and removal of vehicles
- Key Holding
Security Clearance provides a certain level of assurance at a point in time as to an individual’s suitability to have trusted access to sensitive information.
All data and information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. metroguards.com.au makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability, or validity of any information on this blog and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis.
We only provide security guards, crowd controller and patrol services, for more information please give us a call 1300 73 11 73.